• Guest, the images posted in these galleries are copyrighted by their indiviudal owners. Before using them elsewhere, you MUST get permission from the person that has taken them.

Deep Sky Bamard 33 (more color)

Tracy

Founder
Classified ads
Classifieds feedback
+0 /0 /-0
More tweaking of Barnard 33 in PixInsight to reflect what one is normally shown. I've got a LONG way to go.. but honestly.. I'm beginning to feel more comfortable with the software.

Barnard_33-3.jpg

Gain:  101
Offset:  50
Exposure Time:  300 seconds
Camera Temp:  -5°C
Filters:  
  1. Ha
  2. OIII
  3. SII

Camera:  ASI533MM Pro
Telescope/Lens:  WO ZenithStar 103mm
If you run it again try using StarNet++. While some star in the nebula dust will have a red tinge to them, the ones not in the dust will either be White, Orange or Blue. AP will teach you a lot about space if you let it. Just a suggestion you can do whatever your lil heart is content with.

Is that a part of PixInSight default install (I didn't see it as a process), a 3rd party plug in or a different program?

EDIT:
Already had it.. and it won't install as a module (not detected) under the current version of PI.

EDIT 2:
OK... on my newer Dell system (not as much memory and an integrated video card) it installed fine, so it's a processor issue (odds are the AVX) on the older desktpop.

If your computer is like mine (we discussed this before) you may need the original Beta version.

If your computer is like mine (we discussed this before) you may need the original Beta version.
I don't think a BETA of PI will matter if that's what referencing. the StarNet++ definitely states that the CPU MUST support the AVX instruction set... and odds are the processor on the "big desktop", even though an I7, does not support it due to it's age. After checking I found it is a "Gulftown" Intel I7, which came out in 2010, and the AVX instructions didn't start until around the next year.
It's not a big deal, as I can use the big one for the heavier lifting and then once getting the masters done hit the share location they are stored in from the other machine and process them on it. :geek:

No the Beta version of StarNet++. The program (StarNet++ developer) sent me the link to his Beta version, as my old 'puter wouldn't work with the newest versions. I saved it, but it is 465MB, a tad large to email to ya!

yeah, if he developed something that didn't use AVX instructions, it would work... but it's working great on my little Dell desktop right now. Playing with it since I have a 1GB backbone in the house, the "lag" is not that bad loading the images in.

More playing with different processes in PixInSight. The capture data is not the best in the world I'm figuring out.
Probably could use less exposure time.

Barnard_33 (12-13-2022) B.jpg

Last edited:
Starting over fresh with new data... still working on how to get more color into SHO captures. So far looks pretty good.

B_33_first_start.jpg

Last edited: