• Guest, the images posted in these galleries are copyrighted by their indiviudal owners. Before using them elsewhere, you MUST get permission from the person that has taken them.

Image Capture First attempt

You are always better to under expose than over expose. Over exposure can/will blow the stars out. Usually resulting in Halos around the bright stars. Next to impossible to fix in post.

You have the start of trailing on this (/) angle. I might try 300 sec exposures OR you'll have to improve your guiding RMS. May be a PA issue also.

You are always better to under expose than over expose. Over exposure can/will blow the stars out. Usually resulting in Halos around the bright stars. Next to impossible to fix in post.

You have the start of trailing on this (/) angle. I might try 300 sec exposures OR you'll have to improve your guiding RMS. May be a PA issue also.
PA is fairly close considering that SkyWatcher apparently has an issue getting their polar scope lenses aligned correctly. I had to adjust this one (and then also reset the polar scope alignment) on the mount... and even then it's still off so that 9 o'clock actually is around 10'ish. So I have to base looking at the phone app and then "judge" the appropriate location in the scope. Once I learn to use the PA in Stellarmate I probably won't have as much issue with that.... I really need to watch a video on how to use the PA ability. Get the rough done with the internal scope, then fine tune with Stellarmate PA.
I know the better your PA is, as long as your RA/DEC is steady, you can get much longer exposures. I was probably pushing it at 5 minutes with the issues I have with my mount, but wanted to try it.

Use the PA tool in SM. It works well. Simple easy and accurate.

Use the PA tool in SM. It works well. Simple easy and accurate.
Problem I have is that I have to align the stars with the hand controller before SM takes over.... then start the alignment that the mount requires before it can communicate with INDI/EKOS.... of course, once I do that, I'm no longer pointing at the north. If I try manually moving the mount back with the hand controller or even SM, when I start the PA routine, it never slews to the points... and then SM quits responding and the RPi reboots.

Well that's weird. Have you set the park position in your HC AND SM? (and saved in SM)