N.I.N.A. For those that say it's easy

Tracy

Founder
Classified ads
Classifieds feedback
+0 /0 /-0
Maybe once you have been exposed to it for a while.... but I recently purchased a new MoreFine mini PC running Windows 11 Pro to play with N.I.N.A. on... and after installing it, find I now have to install an ASCOM front end, then PHD2 and then multiple other programs.
This is compared to something like KStars/EKOS/INDI which basically all you have to do is add the repository to the Linux system, and that takes about 3 minutes to do.
I can see some of the benefit of this software, but if any of you are experienced with it and can remember back to when you were a beginner, please, create an article here for it.
I'm struggling through it and don't feel comfortable enough with the process of what all is required. If nobody takes the time to do it, once I can confirm that my setup (which I saved a recovery image of the base setup before I started installing everything) is working correctly.. I'll then document the lengthy process of getting N.I.N.A. up and running on a new computer from a beginners aspect.

I would LOVE to give it a try but if is still of any help I recommend Patriot Astro and Cuiv the Geek channels because they made It easy for me.

I just got mine running yesterday, only waiting for the guider cam and clear skies, so If work and life allows it I will like to help. English isnt my first lenguage so any corrections will be welcome

I would LOVE to give it a try but if is still of any help I recommend Patriot Astro and Cuiv the Geek channels because they made It easy for me.

I just got mine running yesterday, only waiting for the guider cam and clear skies, so If work and life allows it I will like to help. English isnt my first lenguage so any corrections will be welcome
Welcome! I see you were able to registered.

Yeah, Cuiv the Geek is a great YouTube channel to get info from.
I've got my StellarMate X setup running right now with the Z103 since this is the first nice night in about 4-5 weeks of enough cloud cover to make it not worthwhile... and even then I'll probably get shut down around midnight when the clouds roll back in.
I would have set the N.I.N.A. system up, but I would have probably wasted a few hours getting it and the equipment talking back and forth and will do that in the house before I start using it in the field.

Welcome! I see you were able to registered.
Yeah, I tried like you said and was fine. Now I don't see any of the post I started but 😅 today will try again
I would have set the N.I.N.A. system up, but I would have probably wasted a few hours getting it and the equipment talking back and forth and will do that in the house before I start using it in the field.
Yeah, didnt try Stellarmate so cant compare and went this route for no reason. Its working for now but maybe i will try it some day