• Guest, the images posted in these galleries are copyrighted by their indiviudal owners. Before using them elsewhere, you MUST get permission from the person that has taken them.

Deep Sky Full Moon NGC 7822

OhNo

Charter Member
Solutions
Classifieds feedback
+0 /0 /-0
During a Full Moon I often only use my my Hydrogen Alpha filter, last night was no exception. Below is a 4 panel mosaic with 3x240sec images per panel. A ASI183MM Pro (with major Amp Glow) was used in combination with a 7nM Optolong Ha filter, SharpStar FF/FR stuffed into a SharpStar 61 EDPH II telescope. Capture/Control with StellarMate Scheduler.

The mosaic (2x2) was set up to take three images for each region (4). I had it slew, plate solve and run guiding. I switched off the auto focus in the mosaic scheduler as I have the program set to re-focus IF the temperature changes by more than 3 degrees Celsius. Tis meant I had to focus prior to starting the sequence. I had it auto focus and the Half Flux RAdius (HFR) was .68.

The sequence ran without the need for any interference from me. I transferred the data via ethernet cable to the house processing computer. Each image is 39.423kb, and it only takes seconds to transfer. Once I stacked the individual panels in PixInSIght I used the protocols in the program to assemble the mosaic. I saved the finished image, but wasn't happy. My camera has major amp glow issues (normal for this camera) and WBPP didn't eliminate the glow on the two right panels, it also missed a short satellite trail.

I moved the Pix image over to another program I have called Luminar AI. Here I erased the sat trail and amp glow (This could have been done in Pix but Luminar AI makes it so easy). And here is what I ended up with.

Attachments

• NGC7822 Sept9 M 4x4.jpg
    NGC7822 Sept9 M 4x4.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 68
I messed around and converted a mono image to RGB. Used StarNet ++ to separate the stars from the dust. I then created a mask for the dust image and applied it. I used Curves Transformation to change the dust to a redish-pink. Once happy with the intensity I combined the image with the stars using pixel math and here it is!

Attachments

• NGC7822 Sept9 M.jpg
    NGC7822 Sept9 M.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 37