General Greasing you mount

Tracy

Founder
Classified ads
Classifieds feedback
+0 /0 /-0
Has anyone had to re-grease their mount? I know that is part of the issue with my EQ-35 Pro as it's coming up on 5 years old and has that fine shipping grease in it.

So, the question is, what grease do you use on the worm gears, and do you use a separate grease/lubricant on the shaft/bearings (the EQ-35 Pro has no bearings, just gaskets and a shaft).
I've got some BelRay grease from when I had my motorcycle that I used on the bearings.... but it seems REALLY thick and tacky, so I don't think it's going to do a great job.
I've read that some people use Mobil 1 synthetic grease. I'm hoping to find something locally sourced so I don't have to order something in.
I know that SuperLube is recommended by many as is Lubriplate #105. I have a tube of it in my Amazon cart right now but as I said, if I can find something generally available I'd prefer to use it.

I'm going to strip the mount down again (used Be-Ray grease the first time and it's REALLY thick and "sticky") and try using some Mobil 1... if that doesn't work well I'll be ordering both some Lubriplate #105 and the AeroShell. Never hurts to have to much grease on hand... especially if you have a travel trailer that needs bearings packed also and the grease will work for it!

To update.... the Mobil 1 synthetic grease seems to be doing a decent job when put on in a very thin film.