• Guest, the images posted in these galleries are copyrighted by their indiviudal owners. Before using them elsewhere, you MUST get permission from the person that has taken them.

Deep Sky Ha Mosaic

Stan

Charter Member
Classifieds feedback
+0 /0 /-0
This is a 4 panel mosaic of Orion's belt & Sword region using the 51 RedCat, ZWO 294MM Pro & Antila 3.0Nm Ha filter, there is 18- 240 second frames in each panel
Orion_Ha_Blur2Lum (6334 x 3383).jpg

Gain:  100
Offset:  8
Exposure Time:  240 seconds
Camera Temp:  -15°C
Filters:  
  1. Ha

Camera:  ZWO 294MM Pro
Didn't you catch some detail. That 3nM filter looks like it's worth the money!

How are you liking the Anitila filter? I recently purchased a ZWO ASI533MC to use with the new Apertura 72MM scope (not shipped yet but I couldn't pass up $100 off it)... and am still contemplating what filter to get for it. I'm still leaning towards the OptLong L-Extreme dual.... but since my main capture setup is a mono setup with 7nm ZWO filters... I'm not REAL familiar with OSC needs.

Would I love "top of the line"... you bet your ass... but I'm a simple retired civil servant on a standard state retirement package. I would LOVE to buy Cadillac equipment, but my finances (especially considering I'm financing a local astronomy group out of my pocket) are more Yugo in essence.

How are you liking the Anitila filter? I recently purchased a ZWO ASI533MC to use with the new Apertura 72MM scope (not shipped yet but I couldn't pass up $100 off it)... and am still contemplating what filter to get for it. I'm still leaning towards the OptLong L-Extreme dual.... but since my main capture setup is a mono setup with 7nm ZWO filters... I'm not REAL familiar with OSC needs.

Would I love "top of the line"... you bet your ass... but I'm a simple retired civil servant on a standard state retirement package. I would LOVE to buy Cadillac equipment, but my finances (especially considering I'm financing a local astronomy group out of my pocket) are more Yugo in essence.
I really like my Antila filters, I'm seriously looking at Antila's dual band filters for my OSC cameras http://www.antliafilter.com/col.jsp?id=120

I recently did a lil experiment with my ASI533MC P. I picked a Nebula and shot it with the L eNhance in the train, I went out and pulled the filter and took another image. Quickly went back out and put the filter back in. I didn't save the filterless image for comparison but my guess would be a got about 1/2 the detail that I get with the filter in.

Not familiar with what the extreme filter's claims to fame are. I suspect it has something to do with LP.

I really like my Antila filters, I'm seriously looking at Antila's dual band filters for my OSC cameras http://www.antliafilter.com/col.jsp?id=120
I'll have to decide on whether I want to use a filter drawer or what. Whichever I do I have to wait a while as a large part of my mad money was spend on other items that I hadn't planned for.

:oops: Clad to know I'm not the only one it happens to!:D