• Guest, the images posted in these galleries are copyrighted by their indiviudal owners. Before using them elsewhere, you MUST get permission from the person that has taken them.

Deep Sky IC1848

OhNo

Charter Member
Solutions
Classifieds feedback
+0 /0 /-0
We have been discussing FOV, Camera rotation, capture software and processing software here lately. While I'm not a big fan of trying the "latest and greatest" software I jumped in with both feet and Downloaded the newest version of PixInSIght and StellarMate.

StellarMate v1.7.2 isn't working for me. I have flashed a good micro SD card with it twice, but the K-Stars screen refuses to open. I was extremely busy yesterday with farm stuff so I didn't have time to go to the INDI forum to see what the chatter was about this version.

v1.8.9-1 of Pix which includes other things including the newest version of WBPP proved to be interesting. While I was confident in changing setting to what I used in the previous version I need to re-visit the settings again. There seems to have been some major changes to the algorithms used. I was using the new version to assemble a 2 panel mosaic. It fought me every step of the way.

I ended up having to balance the 2 images with Histogram Transformation, Clean up the background with Auto Background Extraction and using Morphological Transformation to reduce the stars so I could finely get Image Analysis and Mosaics By Co-ordinates to work. I won, but I have to get under the hood of the WBPP and makes some changes.....

Here is another 2 night session of this 2 panel mosaic project. Shot using SII, Ha, Oiii (SHO). Each panel has 8 240 second images with a gain of 70 and an offset of 8. Data was all captured with SM v1.7.1 Using the scheduler tool for mosaics.

I think this software version will be ok once I get a handle on some of the changes....

Attachments

• IC1848 Sept15 M RS.jpg
    IC1848 Sept15 M RS.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 311
Ah Ha, Just over in the INDI Forum me thinks v1.7.2 may have been released a wee bit too early. There is a bunch of issues, guess the Beta testers will need to pull up their socks.