Back What's new

Deep Sky Mosaic

OhNo

Founding Member
Reaction score
This project is getting ridiculous. I restarted it as the last try wasn't working. As you can see there were glitches with panel 4 here too. The previous version was supposed to be a 3x4 and ended up with it being 1x3 due to glitches and time constraints. This new version was intended to be a 4x3, panel 4 is my nemesis and ran out of elevation.

At least this time I saved the sequence and can go back and capture the panels I missed. That all said this sucker gave the hard drive a workout running APP to integrate Once done I opened it with Pix, ran SNRC once and darkened it a wee lil bit in curves transformation. The finished image had to be re-sized a lot (was 13.4MB) to be possible to show here.

M11 RS.jpeg

Tracy

Dark Sky Lover
Founder
Reaction score
Telescopes

William Optics 103mm
Celestron NexStar 8SE

I'll see about increasing the file size... it's at 8096kb (slightly more than 8MB). I can probably increase it to around 8MB ... but the images do get resized to a maximum of 3872x2592 on upload. that was for attachments in posts attachments. In the Gallery they will post at their normal resolution with a file size limitation of 12MB for the image now.
An A4 size image at 300dpi normally only runs about 3.5MB... but I think I found the issue.. file size for the gallery shows to be set at 600MB... which may be the issue. I lowered it down to 12MB, as 160MB is the max setting in the installation being used.