• Guest, the images posted in these galleries are copyrighted by their indiviudal owners. Before using them elsewhere, you MUST get permission from the person that has taken them.

Deep Sky NGC869

OhNo

Charter Member
Solutions
Classifieds feedback
+0 /0 /-0
This is NGC869 often called the "Double Cluster". Iit consists of two open star clusters at a magnitude of 3,80 in the constellation of Perseus, some 6781.7 light years away.

Sky was so terrible with the moon and upper level smoke this was limited to 6 exposures of 240 seconds.

Annotated image below.

Attachments

• NGC869 Sept10 RS.jpg
    NGC869 Sept10 RS.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 78
  • NGC869 A.PNG
    NGC869 A.PNG
    76.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
Mosaics Larry, mosaic. I can hook ya up with a couple vids (not mine) that explain and show how to do it in Pix and/or APP. If I can do it anyone can!

I have the same scope as you, familiar with those targets. Talk to ya soon. I forget not everyone is retired like me, so they can't shoot every night..... with this inflation I wish I had a JOB!

I have the same scope as you, familiar with those targets. Talk to ya soon. I forget not everyone is retired like me, so they can't shoot every night..... with this inflation I wish I had a JOB!
Don't even get me started on the economy... I'm supposed to retire in 5 years and now that's questionable...

Larry

Yours may be even worse than ours. Guess it could be worse we could live in cold Europe....

Mosaics Larry, mosaic. I can hook ya up with a couple vids (not mine) that explain and show how to do it in Pix and/or APP. If I can do it anyone can!
Think some of those may already be in the Galley -> Guide section since I found Andromeda blew out of my capture zone for my ASI533MM Pro.

I forget not everyone is retired like me, so they can't shoot every night
Retiree hand raised here... and I'm an "old" 58.

:cool:

Yup, M31 will almost all fit in the FOV with my ASI183MM P in the SharpStar 61. On a diagonal...

Here is M31 with the ASI533MC P and
M31_Aug24.jpg