Info Our features

Site related information.

Tracy

Founder
Classified ads
Classifieds feedback
+0 /0 /-0
New feature added: Astro Utilities

This is simply a few iframe pages that link to other sites that have some tools that you can use that can be displayed here without having to need to go to their site directly to access them.

Currently they are:
Light Pollution
Clear Outside (FLO website)

Last edited:
Thank you for providing this, it's great for us new to XenForo to understand whom is up there with the best for addons as every forum software has several top developers.

We have recently added a Blog function to the site for users to create their own personal blogs as well as groups (astronomy and similar) that would like to have a web presence and blog about their activities in a central area.

We have added a new prefix for the Landing Page for use reporting stolen equipment.
By using a prefix, it should make it easy for users to filter through that area for any reported equipment that was stolen. I am investigating setting up an add-on configured strictly for that.
The prefix will look like this

Screen Shot 2023-07-31 at 6.20.18 PM.png

We have recently added the ability for our users to create a personal blog on the site.
This is not limited to members, but can also be used by any vendors that may be participating here... and yes, I realize that most of them have their own web sites... but the spreading of data no matter where it is done at is the important part. We have WAY to many of our youth today that aren't into the hard sciences.. and the more we can get information out to them, the better it is.
This add-on was donated by a fantastic 3rd party developer I use to see how well it would fit into this site. So I decided to enable it to see how it can be (and if it will be) used, and then to tweak it so that other admins that use this script can see what can be done with it, similar to the Classifieds, Reviews and Articles customizations.
He also donated another add-on, but I have not enabled it yet as I am working of finding a use case for it since it somewhat duplicates some of the other add-ons in use here.

Currently we are working on a night vision (red/black) style for use at dark sites. I'm about to enable it, but it is still a work in progress, so if you find any glaring issues (pardon the pun) please let me know.