• Guest, the images posted in these galleries are copyrighted by their indiviudal owners. Before using them elsewhere, you MUST get permission from the person that has taken them.

Deep Sky Part of the East Veil Nebula

OhNo

Charter Member
Solutions
Classifieds feedback
+0 /0 /-0
This was more of an experiment than a attempt for a good picture. Every once in a while there is a glitch on SM that you can't see the other field when you attempt to set up a mosaic. I've had this in the past and re-booting the RPi seems to get it back working correctly. However last night the forecast had pending clouds and snow until next Thursday....

I took a poke and hope that panel two would be where I though it would be, I was only half correct! The result is a 2 panel Mosaic with the ASI183MM P/Quattro using 3 images per each of the HA, SII and Oiii filters. Integrated in APP and assembled in PixInSIght. In Pix I had to use StarNet++ as the stars had a vivid Blue hue to them. Again I see the other stars are monochrome in color, and I doubt this is representative of what colors the really are.

I am still puzzled why APP won't turn of a image that combines the filters. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in and let me know what I'm doing wrong. In order to have a color image I take the Gray scale mono images from each filter and use LRGB combine in Pix to make a color image. The term for this is SHO. Make sure to uncheck the Luminance box, put the Sii data in the Red Box, Ha data in the Green box and the Oiii in the Blue box, and hit the Global button. Voila, you have a color image. You can then fool around with the tools to tweak the image to your liking....

Gain:  70
Offset:  8
Exposure Time:  240 seconds
Camera Temp:  -19°C
Camera:  ASI183MM P

Attachments

• NGC6992 Nov11 RS.jpeg
    NGC6992 Nov11 RS.jpeg
    598.6 KB · Views: 62
put the Sii data in the Red Box, Ha data in the Green box and the Oiii in the Blue box, and hit the Global button
I have heard this referred to as the Hubble Palette. I found that the Ha in the green box is overpowering on the images that I have been processing, and I have to use SCNR process in PixInSight and reduce/remove the green out of them.

I hear you but that is easily corrected with another tool.

I hear you but that is easily corrected with another tool.
Yep... curves transformation will also take care of it, but SCNR does a good job of knocking most of it out (if you haven't tried it yet, I'd recommend trying it as it may help with the fine tuning later), then you can apparently fine tune with the CT process.

CT process???

Yeah I forgot you're American! 😁🤣🤣🤣

It Shows! 🤣