• Guest, the images posted in these galleries are copyrighted by their indiviudal owners. Before using them elsewhere, you MUST get permission from the person that has taken them.

Deep Sky SH2_184

Tracy

Founder
Classified ads
Classifieds feedback
+0 /0 /-0
Just some old data from my first captures of SH2_184 with the William Optics EQ-35 Pro that I was always battling with to keep the RA/DEC tracking reasonable.
Very minimally processed in PixInSight.

SH2_184.jpg

Gain:  101
Offset:  50
Exposure Time:  240 seconds
Camera Temp:  -5°C
Filters:  
  1. Ha
  2. OIII
  3. SII

Camera:  ASI533MM Pro
Not bad. Rather than a guiding issue I'd say you had a Focus issue. While I haven't seen you guiding numbers I can see the trailing isn't bad at all, but the focus looks soft seeing as the stars are fuzzy.

Not bad. Rather than a guiding issue I'd say you had a Focus issue. While I haven't seen you guiding numbers I can see the trailing isn't bad at all, but the focus looks soft seeing as the stars are fuzzy.
I'm pretty sure those captures were during a period that StellarMate OS focuser was having some issues, that are supposedly now "fixed".
What I currently do is a manual focus after each filter capture run (well, not really manual, use the auto-focus then check it with the Bhat mask). I have found that the SHO runs are pretty much spot on with my red filter.