• Guest, the images posted in these galleries are copyrighted by their indiviudal owners. Before using them elsewhere, you MUST get permission from the person that has taken them.

Deep Sky Welcome to my North America - 2022

Chris_G

Charter Member
Classifieds feedback
+0 /0 /-0
Image Data - 05/28/22, 05/29/22 and 6/24/22

20 Dark, 20 flat, 20 dark flat, 20 bias

05-28 - 42 300 1600 L-eNhance
05-29 - 21 300 1600 l-eNhance
06-24 - 36 300 1600 L-eNhance

Equipment Data

AZ-EQ5, WO Z73, EOS 6D, WO 32mm Guide, ASI120 mini

Software Data

DeepSkyStacker · ProDigital Software AstroFlat Pro · Icanus Ltd. APT · Open PHD Guiding PHD2 · ProDigital Software Star Spikes Pro- Adobe Photoshop · StarNet

Last project I was working on in April and May, capturing a nebula with the L-eNhance with no moon in the sky. at ISO 1600. I tried going out in June, but the atmosphere wasn't cooperating with the quality that I wanted to get, and the Sky Gods were no long cooperating when work was the next two. Total integration time is 8.25 hours.

The North America Nebula (NGC 7000 or Caldwell 20) is an emission nebula in the constellation Cygnus, close to Deneb (the tail of the swan and its brightest star). The shape of the nebula resembles that of the continent of North America, complete with a prominent Gulf of Mexico.

On October 24, 1786, William Herschel observing from Slough, England, noted a “faint milky nebulosity scattered over this space, in some places pretty bright.” The most prominent region was catalogued by his son John Herschel on August 21, 1829. It was listed in the New General Catalogue as NGC 7000, where it is described as a "faint, most extremely large, diffuse nebulosity.”

As always, all comments welcome and thanks for looking,

What you see is what you get,
Chris

Some diffraction spikes on the brightest stars. How you do that?

The one thing my signature is missing is software processing. Not enough space in the signature editor here.

I separate the stars from the nebula using an app called StarNet. I process them separately then mere the two images back into one. I use Adobe PS, Pro Digital Astronomy Tools, and Pro Digital Star Spikes Pro.

Welcome to my North America -2022

Ah!